Fretting over which Thanksgiving recipes you should prepare for soon? Apart from the traditional juicy turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, and many other side dishes and stuffing recipes, you can try your hand at making unique dishes for the festivities. Nothing too crazy, don’t worry.
Cannabidiol or CBD is going to be your secret ingredient to elevate this and all future Thanksgiving recipes. If you aren’t familiar with CBD yet, you’ll be well-acquainted with it after one quick internet search. It is quite popular, initially, because it comes from cannabis plants. As time passed and more studies emerged, CBD became famous on its own for its many supposed health benefits.
One of the hundred of cannabinoids present in cannabis, specifically hemp plants, CBD is known for its therapeutic effects. These include soothing anxiety, aiding sleep and relaxation, pain management, and even skin problems. Versatile as its raw plant material, CBD can be used in a multitude of ways. Including, you guessed it right, is an add-on to many recipes.
HOW TO INCLUDE CBD IN HOLIDAY Recipes
CBD oil comes in many forms — pills, tinctures, topicals, candies, and even pet treats. Most take their CBD as an added supplement to jumpstart their day or just before bed for better rest and sleep. But the latest trend now is CBD-infused food and drinks. The name pretty much explains it — these are edible solid or liquid food that contains this hemp oil extract.
CBD coffee, tea, cakes, pastries, pasta, meat, protein shakes, salad dressing, you name it, and it can most likely be bought from local hemp shops or cooked in the comforts of your own home. Understandably, those who are not well-acquainted with CBD might be apprehensive because of the word cannabis associated with it. Worry not. Cannabidiol is non-psychoactive.
Unlike regular cannabis that contains THC, the cannabinoid responsible for the intoxicating side effects of marijuana, CBD is labeled a generally safe substance. The best part? You get to enjoy its health benefits in full without worrying about getting you or your guests buzzed well before dinner is over!
CBD THANKSGIVING RECIPES
Just in time for the holidays, you’re probably already thinking of Thanksgiving pie, cranberry sauce, brussel sprouts with cream cheese, creamy mashed butternut squashed, fried turkey recipe, and many more concoctions you can conjure up in the kitchen.
While these all sound delicious, why not amp them up a bit by using CBD recipes?
Whether you love your roasted turkey with a side of mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie for dessert or prefer something a little fancier, there are many ways to incorporate CBD into your dish.
Let’s take a look at some CBD-infused Thanksgiving recipes that will surely bring the festivities in full swing.
Potatoes can’t ever be absent in any Thanksgiving meal. It may come in many forms among different households, but it is always there whether as a side dish or part of the main course.
Now, you can make CBD-infused baked potatoes.
- Medium to large-sized potatoes
- Olive oil
- For toppings: garlic powder, butter, half and half sour cream, chopped bacon, chives, salt and pepper to taste, parmesan and cheddar cheese (optional), leftover pulled pork or chicken (optional)
- CBD oil tincture
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (200°C).
- Wash and dry potatoes thoroughly.
- Lay them out on the baking pan and poke small holes using a fork to distribute heat evenly. Rub with light olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook potatoes in the oven for about an hour. Take them out and let them cool.
- Once cold, cut potatoes in half and carefully spoon out the insides into a separate bowl. Be sure to leave a thin layer of potato meat inside the skin to help support its natural shape.
- Rub more olive oil on the now-hollow potato skins. Add in cheddar and parmesan if you want.
- Grab the bowl with the scooped potatoes and mash thoroughly. Add in any or all of the toppings you like, including the garlic powder, sour cream, chopped bacon, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Add in the CBD oil last — depending on your serving size, 10 to 25 drops of the tincture should suffice. You can add or lessen the dose as you like.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes back into the skin. Pop them into the oven for about 20-30 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Add more toppings like chives, cheese, chopped bacon, and leftover meat. Serve and enjoy!
Thanksgiving recipes aren’t primarily focused on food–there are drinks too! You have to quench your — and your guests’ — thirst, after all.
One good way to do that is serving a powerhouse punch! Try this Thanksgiving recipe for a CBD-infused punch.
- Sparkling cranberry juice (pomegranate works too!)
- Alternatively: Buy sparkling water and store-bought cranberry juice cocktail
- Lemon and orange juice (freshly squeezed if possible)
- CBD oil in Orange Blossom flavor
- Combine all the ingredients. ¼ sparkling water with ¾ cranberry juice, then add in the lemon and orange juices. Stir continuously to make sure the concoction is mixed well.
- Add in the CBD oil tincture last, make adjustments on the dose depending on the amount of punch you’re making. Be sure to mix it as well.
- Pour into a large bowl where guests can quickly get a glass.
- Serve chilled or with ice cubes. Enjoy!
Without a doubt, gravy is a well-loved condiment at every Thanksgiving dinner. The CBD in this recipe will be added towards the end.
Because of this, direct and prolonged heat to the cannabinoid can break down and lose some of its properties. Nonetheless, this CBD gravy is going to be a sure hit!
- 1 can of chicken stock (including pilfered juices from roasted meat)
- 2 white onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Fresh rosemary, chopped
- Fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp of cornstarch (mix well in a tablespoon of hot water)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard (optional)
- 1000mg CBD Oil Tincture in Lavender Flavor
- Saute onions and garlic in butter over medium heat until they’re golden brown.
- Add in fresh rosemary and safe. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Add the chicken stock and meat juice. Simmer in low heat.
- Add in the cornstarch dissolved in hot water. Whisk constantly to make sure no lumps will form. Add in more cornstarch mixture if consistency is not thick enough.
- Season your gravy with salt, pepper, and mustard to taste.
- In a separate bowl, melt some butter and mix in with CBD oil. When mixing these two, it will allow the CBD to be thoroughly incorporated into the gravy by bonding with the butter’s fats. Add the mixture to the gravy and stir well.
- Serve with your roast meat and side dishes. Enjoy!
CBD INFUSED APPLE PIE
Serving pie is practically a family dinner tradition. Doesn’t matter much what kind it is, meat, fruit, pastry, or leftover pie, everyone loves some pie. For your Thanksgiving dessert recipe, try this CBD-infused apple pie.
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ stick of butter
- 8 tablespoons ice-cold water
- CBD oil in Cinnamon Flavor
- 5-6 pieces of large sweet apples (approx 1kg.), cored, sliced, peeled
- ¾ cup sugar (approx. 150g)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- For the crust: In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour and salt. Add in solid sticks of butter, break up using a fork until evenly mixed.
- Gradually add the ice water until dough forms. Add in more ice water if the dough is too dry.
- Add in 10-20 drops of CBD oil in Cinnamon flavor and stir well. Work the dough until the desired consistency and thickness is achieved. Roll into a ball and set aside in the refrigerator.
- For the filling: Grab the sliced apples and mix with sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Make sure the apple slices are thoroughly covered with the other ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (200°C).
- Take out your dough. Dust a flat surface with flour for easier kneading. Cut the dough in half and roll both halves until round and around ⅛-inch thick. Then, you unroll one half onto a pie dish, making sure all surfaces are covered.
- Pour in the apple filling mixture and press down to pack it tight.
- Roll the other half of the dough on top. Trim the edges and pinch to create a crimp and seal the pie.
- Brush the beaten egg all over the pie and dust with sugar.
- Cut slits on the top to create a vent. You can get creative with this, but don’t make too big or too small cuts.
- Pop in the oven for up to an hour or until the crust is golden brown. Allow cooling before serving.
Thanksgiving Recipes SUMMARY
Whichever dish in this list you want to try, CBD’s added benefit is sure only to make your concoction more decadent and more delicious. Because of this, it won’t alter the flavors at all unless your CBD is flavored.
Recipes, after all, are all about personal preference. Now, you get to have fun in the kitchen, feed your loved ones, and make delicious yet healthy dishes too.
Reading all about Thanksgiving recipes can sure make us hungry! Moreso, these recipes are not only exclusive for the holidays. You can and should try to make them for any occasion all year long.