Jeff The 420 Chef is a renowned cannabis chef based in Los Angeles, and author of The 420 Gourmet; an insightful cookbook for at-home chefs wanting to safely create and experience their own edibles. It includes guidelines for safe dosing (along with a comprehensive dosage calculator), summaries of the strains used and their typical effects, delicious recipes and other interesting details about the awesome cannabis herb. And, now you can learn how to make his best CBD recipes for fall 2020, and recreate his incredible gourmet creations from the comfort of your home.
CBD flower is a food-friendly herb that can spice up your cooking experience and add a plethora of health benefits to your nutrition regime, so it’s no wonder why people have adopted this activity with so much enthusiasm. Come Back Daily’s premium CBD craft flower comes in six different strains that include Altum Verde, T1, Frosted Lime, Sour Space Candy, Bubba Kush and Jeffrey – all which can be consumed through cooking and baking methods.
What is CBD?
CBD stands for cannabidiol. It is a chemical compound found in the cannabis plant that has been shown to help with stress and anxiety, relieve pain and even possibly help prevent cancer. Unlike Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis, it will not give you the sensation of feeling “high” when ingested or smoked.
Some of the health benefits of CBD flower include:
- Helps with pain relief
- Combats anxiety
- Reduces the risk of diabetes
- Works as a preventative medicine
- Helps with insomnia
- Helps with inflammation in the body
- Alleviates stress
Why Cook with CBD Flower?
If you are the type of person who enjoys the taste of hemp then CBD flowers are for you. Cooking with CBD flower is an easy and fun way to incorporate the wellness benefits of CBD into your daily routine, plus it’s fun to experiment with new flavor profiles. Jeff The 420 Chef integrates Come Back Daily’s premium CBD flower with three of his best CBD recipes for fall 2020 that’s sure to satisfy any craving.
Jeff The 420 Chef’s Best CBD Recipes for Fall 2020
Maple Bourbon Infused Pumpkin Pie
Preparation Time: 20 Mins
Bake Time: 1 Hour
Approximate Dosage Per Serving: 5mg CBD per serving
- One deep dish pie shell
- 1/4 cup maple bourbon syrup (see recipe at end)
- small pipe pumpkin (baked)
- 8 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Four egg yolks
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon raw cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons Light CBD hemp butter, melted (approx. 20mg per tablespoon)
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Mace (optional)
- ½ teaspoon Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Allspice
- ¼ teaspoon Ground cloves
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Split the pumpkin in half, and scoop out the seeds and stringy fibers
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place pumpkin halves, flesh side down on pan
- Bake for 40 minutes until soft
- Remove from oven and let cool (about 30 mins).
- Lower the oven temperature to 340ºF
- Scoop cooled pumpkin flesh into a large glass bowl
- Add egg yolks, sugars, sweetened condensed milk and blend.
- Add Hemp Butter and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Using a pastry brush, thoroughly coat the inside, sides and top of pie crust with maple-bourbon syrup**
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the crust and bake for 1 hour or until the edges of the crust are golden brown.
- Let cool and serve with whipped cream or Butter Pecan Ice Cream.
Maple Bourbon Syrup**
- 8 oz Bourbon
- 8 oz Pure Maple Syrup
- In a medium sauce pot, bring bourbon and maple syrup to gently boil. DO NOT COVER.
- Let boil for 20-25 minutes until reduced by half and syrupy.
- Let syrup cool, then pour into a glass jar or plastic squeeze bottle.
Quick & Simple CBD Chocolate Cosmic Eggnog
Approximate Dosage: 5mg CBD per serving
- In a large pot, heat eggnog on Low for about 12 minutes. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t burn. Do not boil.
- Break chocolate bar into small pieces into a large bowl.
- Pour hot eggnog over chocolate, add cinnamon and let sit for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, whisk until smooth and creamy
- Mix in rum
- Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate for 2 hours
- Once cool, it’s ready to serve.
- Stir before pouring and garnish each cup with a pinch of cinnamon (or a cinnamon stick)
CBD-Brussel sprouts with Candied Cherry Maple Corn Beef
Preparation Time: 30 Min
Cooking Time: 40-45 Mins
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 brussel sprouts, sliced in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup refined coconut oil (not extra virgin)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Crushed red pepper
- ½ pound corned beef, shredded or torn
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hemp–olive oil + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a small bowl, toss the brussels sprouts, coconut oil, hoisin sauce, crushed red pepper, and garlic
- Transfer to a lightly greased large baking dish, cut side up. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until heated deeply browned but not quite charred
- In a large pre heated skillet, fry corned beef while slowly adding the maple syrup and freshly ground pepper.
- Fry until corned beef is lightly browned and crisp around the edges
- Evenly drizzle the canna–oil mixture over the brussels sprouts and then flip
- Set oven to broil. Return the brussels sprouts to oven and bake for another 2 to 3 minutes until the outside of each begins to char.
- Watch carefully so they don’t burn
- Remove sprouts from the oven, toss with the candied corned beef and serve