We are seeking a Grower for a fast-growing company to provide support to the organization. The ideal candidate will play a vital role in maintaining a pleasant work environment ensuring elevated levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety. Growers will work in conjunction with the Head Grower and the Assistant Head Grower to oversee and implement all grow team activities for the facility in New York.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Implement good agricultural practices (GAPs) and follow all GMPs.
- Assist in all plant care from clone to harvest in indoor grow as well as future greenhouse operations; Including watering, cloning, propagation, transplanting, pruning, topping, defoliating, trellising, harvesting.
- Monitoring of environmental conditions including, but not limited to, temperature, humidity, CO2 levels, VPD, W/M2.
- Gather EC, pH and volume data from the irrigation system in the grow rooms
- Keep good records of all practices implemented and data collected
- Distribute biological control agents (BCAs) as needed
- Apply foliar feeds and preventative sprays when directed
- Scout rooms for pests/disease and document on proper forms
- Operating and maintaining cultivation systems/equipment
- Stocking of cultivation supplies as needed
- Cleaning, sanitation, and setup of all grow areas
- Calibration and cleaning of pH and EC meters.
- Maintain and ensures proper storage and sanitation of all tools and equipment, including but not limited to shop vacs, pumps, hoses, carts, scissors, stools, totes, gloves, rags, and PPE gear.
- Conduct trials to evaluate possible improvements to the crops
- Perform weekly audits
- Post-harvest responsibilities will include daily monitoring of the environment in the drying rooms, proper documentation and handling of plant material
- Any other tasks assigned by management
- Must understand and implement the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures set forth by the state
- Be able to follow production schedules in a fast-paced environment
- Skills in analyzing potential problems with a plant or the product being processed
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Maintain current knowledge of growing techniques & industry technologies
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of grow warehouse
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail
- Degree in Horticulture, Plant Science, or related field preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- WPass a background check
- Must have valid NYS license with reliable transportation
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with regulated material in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to focus & attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with BioTrack THC software a plus.
- This position requires a lot of sitting, walking, bending and reaching.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, lift objects on a regular basis, and perform daily repetitive tasks.
- The close visual focus required.
- This position requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects.
Apply directly: https://boards.greenhouse.io/curaleaf/jobs/4289120002
To find awesome listings near you!