Cannabis-infused fried chicken is a great celebration recipe to get pleasure from collectively with good friends. Rather of baking your chicken let your chicken bake you. With our recipe, you will make positive the chicken is tasty and the THC stays intact through the frying course of action.
The frequent error people today make when cooking something cannabis-fried.
THC is entirely degraded at temperatures in excess of 392 F and it begins to break down lengthy ahead of that. This implies the cannabis oil really should in no way be applied to fry in, but alternatively be applied in the batter. This is since the internal temperature will not get that hot. Or even superior, use a cannabis tincture for your batter, a tincture will blend in a lot easier.
As quickly as the chicken is crispy, the frying course of action has completed its job and it is time to continue baking the chicken in the oven at a reduce temperature to make positive the THC does not degrade.
After you have your cannabis tincture prepared, a entire new globe opens. You can use it for cannabis infused cookies, brownies, or even topical lotions. But currently, we are creating THC fried chicken.
Tip: If you want to take this celebration to an even greater level, accompany your THC fried chicken with some scrumptious cannabis infused BBQ Sauce.
- four pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces (halve every breast crosswise and separate leg quarters into thighs and drumsticks)
For the fried chicken batter
- 1/four cup Cannabis Tincture
- 1 cup all-objective flour 1 cup cornstarch
- two to five teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/two teaspoon cayenne pepper
- two teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus much more to taste
- 1 1/two cups cold water
- Flour for coating
- three quarts (12 cups) peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- Whisk or stir collectively the flour, cornstarch, black pepper, paprika, cayenne, baking powder, salt, water and cannabis tincture till smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat the frying oil in a massive Dutch oven or deep fat fryer more than medium-higher heat till it reaches 350°F (176°C).
- Pat dry your chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the batter to recombine. (If the batter appears also thick, add some cold water, no much more than 1 tablespoon at a time, till the batter becomes the consistency of pancake batter.
- Spot half the chicken pieces in the batter and turn to coat. Eliminate the chicken from the batter, permitting any excess to drip back into the bowl, and meticulously location it a bowl of flour to coat and then in the fryer
- Fry the chicken till light golden brown for about two minutes.
- Spot the fried chicken on an oven tray and continue to book untill meat is cooked for about 15 minutes on 325F.