After changing into the 10th state to legalize leisure cannabis in November 2018, Michigan’s marijuana market is heating up. Sufferers throughout the Nice Lake State are acquiring their medical marijuana playing cards whereas authorities regulators are busily drafting the guidelines for the leisure cannabis market, slated to open January 1, 2020.
Michigan’s Division of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) is the company in command of issuing licenses to cannabis operators. Presently, retail licenses are solely obtainable for medical marijuana dispensaries, which in Michigan are referred to as “provisioning facilities.”
Underneath Michigan’s marijuana dispensary legal guidelines, LARA should start accepting functions for leisure cannabis retail licenses no later than December 6, 2019. Nevertheless, the laws additionally states that solely these already licensed to promote medical marijuana can be approved to use for a leisure retail license; this stipulation will stay in impact for the primary two years of leisure cannabis retail licensing.
Under, we’ve laid out the steps you’ll must comply with to apply for a cannabis retail license in Michigan.
The best way to Apply for a Michigan Medical Marijuana Dispensary License
In an effort to acquire a medical marijuana provisioning middle license, candidates should comply with a two-step course of.
Step 1: Pre-Qualification
Step one within the course of is pre-qualification, which entails a full background investigation of all people related to the applying.
- The pre-qualification course of begins by submitting an Entity/Particular person Pre-qualification Packet (EIPP). This packet should embrace a passport-quality photograph, a duplicate of your government-issued ID, and all different supporting documentation listed within the EIPP doc guidelines.
- Within the EIPP, point out that you’re making use of for a medical marijuana provisioning middle license, and fill out all required private and enterprise data. You’ll even be required to signal and notarize a number of attestations and authorizations.
- All people listed within the EIPP should compile their Supplemental Applicant Pre-qualification Packet (SAPP) for submission with the EIPP.
- After getting accomplished the EIPP and picked up all required documentation together with SAPPs for all people related along with your software, submit your pre-qualification packet both in particular person, by mail, or via LARA’s on-line software portal. Additionally, you will be required to submit the non-refundable software price of $6,000 at the moment.
In any case background checks have been accomplished and your documentation has been processed and authorised, you’ll be eligible to maneuver on to the second step within the licensing course of.
Step 2: License Utility
Within the license software part, you’ll submit data and documentation associated to the precise sort of marijuana facility for which you’re making use of — on this case, a provisioning middle.
- To finish the marijuana facility licensing software, you’ll be required to supply the identical private/demographic data you submitted in the course of the pre-qualification part, together with data concerning the municipality during which you’ll function and different enterprise specs.
- Enterprise specs embrace:
- After finishing all sections of the marijuana facility license software and compiling all required documentation, submit the applying packet on-line, in particular person, or through mail.
As soon as your software has been authorised, you’ll be required to pay the annual regulatory evaluation earlier than your license can be issued. The quantity of the regulatory evaluation has not but been decided; nonetheless, LARA has acknowledged that the price might be as little as $10,000 or as excessive $66,000, relying on the whole variety of licenses issued.
For extra data, try our Michigan medical marijuana legal guidelines web page; we’ll be updating it frequently as extra data turns into obtainable.
Keep Up-To-Date on the Hashish Retail Trade
Get cannabis retail information, ideas, and greatest practices delivered straight to your inbox — join our free e-newsletter at this time!